UPDATE: Tim Mitchell Continues to Fight for His Life


Tim Mitchell continues to fight for survival after allegedly sustaining grave injuries when he was arrested in his home on March 26th, 2016. Fearful for his father’s well-being that night, Tim’s 14 year old son called 911 to request assistance for his Dad who was intoxicated and was speaking about ending his life.

Tim was brought to the hospital after his arrest and then placed in the custody of the Algoma Remand Centre. On March 28th he returned to the hospital where further tests demonstrated that Tim was suffering 3 broken ribs, a punctured lung and a puncture in the bowel. Tim’s abdomen filled with feces and emergency surgery was required on Sunday, April 3rd. He has been in the Sault Are Hospital Intensive Care Unit in a drug induced coma since.

According to a family member, Tim was showing some small signs of improvements yesterday, his blood pressure medication was lowered. This morning Tim’s medical team attempted to bring him out of his coma but his heart began to fail. Defibrillation (paddles) was required to regulate his heart beat. Tim has been stabilized and remains in a drug induced coma.

A bail hearing is scheduled tomorrow to remove shackles around Tim’s ankles.

Tim is a single father with two children. The family has established a GoFundMe account for Tim and his sons to assist with costs that will be incurred over the course of his recovery –the recovery that the family is praying for. To make a donation readers can CLICK HERE.

The Northern Hoot will update readers as this story unfolds.



Editor’s Note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of the Northern Hoot, but only of the comment writer. Personal attacks, offensive language and unsubstantiated allegations are not allowed. Please keep comments on topic. For more information on our commenting policies, please see our Terms of Use. If you see a typo or error on our site, report it to us. Please include a link to the story where you spotted the error.