Mealtimes while camping don’t need to be an exercise in deprivation. With a few simple recipes you can have a five-star meal enjoyed it in nature’s grand dining room. Try making these Fudgy Orange Brownie Cakes. Your campsite neighbours and that one squirrel that keeps trying to steal your toothpaste will be both envious and impressed by your woodsman culinary skills.
What You’ll Need
- 2 Oranges
- a Knife
- a Mixing Bowl and Spoon
- 2 Sheets of Tinfoil
- 2 Tablespoons Water, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 4 Tablespoons White Sugar or Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- dash Table Salt
- Shaved Chocolate to Garnish
Mix the Batter
- In a large coffee mug, add Water, Butter and Vanilla Essence. Stir well.
- Add Sugar, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Plain Flour and Table Salt. Stir well until uniformly mixed.
Fill the Orange
- Slice the top off the orange.
- Use the knife to hollow out the inside of the orange.
- Fill the orange with the Brownie Batter
- Wrap the orange in tinfoil.
(approx. 30 min baking time)
- Place the oranges on-top of your campfire coals.
- Rotate the oranges every so often.